Table of Contents
- Method-1 Connecting without a Router
- Method-2 HP Auto Wireless Connect
- Method-3 Wireless Setup Wizard
- Method- 4 WPS Push Button Connect
Wireless printing calls for convenience as it lets you print anytime and anywhere. HP wireless printers have changed the way of printing completely as you just need a wireless network; connect your device to it and you are good to go. But if you don’t know how to connect your wireless HP printer to the Wi-Fi network, you won't be able to print anything.
So if you are looking for information about connecting your HP printer to a wireless network; take this guide along and use the method that suits your printer model.
So let’s start with the methods to connect HP printer to Wi-Fi:
Method-1 Connecting without a Router
In this method, you will not need an internet connection to connect your HP printer. HP Wireless Direct and Wi-Fi Direct feature lets you print your documents directly from your computer, tablet, or smartphones. It requires you to connect your device to your HP printer’s Wi-Fi as you normally do with any other wireless network.
Both HP Wireless Direct and Wi-Fi Direct let you connect your device to your printer in the same way except for some differences. With Wi-Fi Direct, your device can maintain an internet connection while with HP Wireless Direct, you don’t get access to the network.
Let’s begin with the steps to connect your HP printer through Wi-Fi Direct or Wireless Direct:
- From the printer’s control panel, turn on HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct. To turn them on, touch the HP Wireless Direct icon on the printer’s control panel or go to the Network Setup or Wireless settings menu and from there select Wireless Direct; finally turn on the connection.
- Connect to HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct on your mobile or computer.
- If you are using HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct on security for your HP printer, you will get a prompt for a WPA2 password.
- Next, open a document that you want to print on your device and click on the ‘File’ option and then click on ‘Print’.
- If you are printing from mobile, just tap ‘Print’ from the app menu and if the app doesn’t support printing, get the latest version of the HP Printer Service Plugin application installed.
Method-2 HP Auto Wireless Connect
HP Auto Wireless Connect allows you to automatically connect your HP printer to the Wi-Fi network. Also, this method eliminates the need to use any cables or using any wireless network settings. Here are the steps to use this method:
- First, you will need to install the software for your HP printer model, and for that, go to HP Support Software and Driver Download page and download the driver & software according to your printer model and follow the instructions to install it.
- Turn on and connect the HP printer to computer and then run the software.
- When instructed to choose the Network connection type, select Wireless and click on the option ‘Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended).’ You can also change the wireless network on my HP printer if you want.
- Now, let your printer connect and click ‘Finish’ as the last step; your HP printer is ready to print.
Method-3 Wireless Setup Wizard
The next method requires you to connect the HP printer wirelessly with the help of Wireless Setup Wizard available at the printer’s control panel. However, this method is only applicable if your HP printer has a graphic display.
- After you have powered on your HP printer, take out all the Ethernet and USB cables from your printer.
- Now, from the printer’s control panel, press the wireless icon or head towards the network menu.
- From the menu, select Wireless Settings and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Look for your network, enter the WEP or WPA key, and finally click ‘Ok’. You can even enter your network name manually if you don’t find it.
Method- 4 WPS Push Button Connect
This method to setup HP wireless printer is applicable when the router and HP printer support WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) push button mode. You can simply connect the printer to Wi-Fi with a simple push on your router and printer.
- To start with, push the WPS button on the HP printer. If there is no button, go to the control panel to start the WPS mode. Hit the Wireless menu and select Wi-Fi Protected Setup. Complete the set up by following the directions and then select the WPS Button.
- Next, you are required to tap the WPS button on the router within 2 minutes to connect the printer wirelessly.
If the HP printer is still not connecting to Wi-Fi, you can update the HP printer drivers and then retry to connect. If you want to print wirelessly from your Android or iOS device, you can do that easily using the apps provided by the HP.
Tags: #connect hp printer wireless, #how to connect hp printer to wifi, #how to connect hp printer to computer, #how to install hp printer wifi, #hp printer wireless setup, #install hp printer, #connect printer to wifi network, #wifi printer hp, #hp printer wifi password, #how do i change the wireless network on my hp printer, #hp printer not connecting to wifi