Table of Contents
- What is a WPS Pin?
- Where to Look For the WPS Pin on Your HP Printer?
- How to Connect HP Printer Using WPS Button?
- How to Connect the HP Printer Using WPS Pin?
- How To Find HP Deskjet 2600 WPS Pin?
- Where is the WPS Pin for Hp Envy 4520 Printer Located?
Wireless printing allows printing documents at the users’ comfort. HP wireless printers work flawlessly and produce better results with convenience. To begin with wireless printing, you will need a WPS pin for your HP printer. Before I tell you where to find the WPS pin on the HP printer, let’s know what it is all about.
What is a WPS Pin?
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) pin is an 8-digit PIN required to make connections between a router, wireless printers, and other devices. To establish the wireless connection on your HP printer, you are going to need the WPS pin. With the help of this pin, you will be able to connect your wireless HP Printer to your device and print documents wirelessly.
There are two methods using which you can establish a WPS connection in HP printers. One is using the WPS Button and the other is via WPS Pin. Before proceeding towards the connection procedure, you must know where the WPS pin located on your HP printer is.
Where to Look For the WPS Pin on Your HP Printer?
You can find WPS pin printed on the router, either on the bottom or on its side. Enter the pin to connect your printer with any device.Also, an 'Enter WPS PIN' Message displays while setting up the HP Printer. When the message displays, the PIN is temporarily shown on the touch
screen of the printer or you will find it on an information sheet that automatically prints. You will get a short time, approx 90 seconds for most of the HP models, to enter the PIN or it will become invalid. To generate a new PIN, you need to restart the computer and go through the printer setup process again.
How to Connect HP Printer Using WPS Button?
Given below are the steps to be undertaken to connect HP Printer using the WPS button:
- To begin with, go to the HP printers’ control panel or Screen and press the “Wireless” or “Setting” Button.
- Press the option “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and follow the on-screen instructions further displayed on the screen.
- Then select the “WPS Button” option and your printer will instruct you to press the WPS button for the wireless router.
- After pressing the WPS button on the router, move to your printer and press Continue to initiate the wireless connection.
- The connection will be established and your printer will be ready to print wirelessly
How to Connect the HP Printer Using WPS Pin?
To connect your printer using HP WPS Pin, follow the steps listed underneath:
- Open the HP printer’s control panel and press the Wireless button from the Settings area.
- Press the “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and follow the instructions shown on the screen.
- You will be prompted to the WPS pin, you have to press it and the PIN will display on the screen.
- Next, access the configuration utility or software for the wireless router or wireless access point and thereafter, enter WPS PIN code in the given space.
- Once the setup is ready, install and connect your printer and start printing wirelessly.
How To Find HP Deskjet 2600 WPS Pin?
Follow the steps provided here to find WPS pin for your HP Deskjet printer:
- Check the rear of the router for the WPS Pin and make a note of it.
- If you don’t get the pin there, continue with the next steps.
- Next, press the wireless setup button of your printer given at the rear and hold it for three seconds.
- Make sure there is paper in the input tray and the printer will test a print page with the WPS pin.
Where is the WPS Pin for Hp Envy 4520 Printer Located?
The HP envy WPS pin can be found with the help of given steps:
- Turn on the HP Envy 4520 printer and wait till the printer is warming up.
- Look for the Wireless option on the Control Panel and select it.
- Then select the Settings option and select the option Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- The HP Envy printer will show the Push button and PIN options.
- Choose the PIN method and the printer will display an 8-digit PIN.
- Write down the PIN and use the same to connect the printer to the wireless network and start printing.