Table of Contents
- Print with HP Smart App on Android, Mac, and iOS devices
- For Android/Mac/iOS device
- How to Start Printing With HP Smart App On Android/Mac/iOS Devices?
- For Android
- For iOS device
- For Mac Device
- Print with AirPrint from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Wireless printing has made it easier than ever to get your important documents or photos printed without any hassle. Furthermore, you will not always need a laptop or computer to do the job, a smartphone will work too. Yes, there is no need to first transfer the documents to your PC from your phone and then send it for printing. Just, wirelessly connect your mobile device to the HP wireless printer and you are good to go. And if you own a wireless printer from the HP brand, nothing could be better than that.
If you are wondering what about iOS or Mac devices, I will cover them too in this article. Keep on reading to know more about how you can print wirelessly with HP printers on Android, Mac or iOS devices.
Print with HP Smart App on Android, Mac, and iOS devices
HP printers offer apps for android, Mac, and iOS devices to set up the wireless connection. Here I will show you how you can use the HP Smart App to print wirelessly through your HP printer on Android, Mac or iOS devices. Before starting with the procedure, I want to list down the requirements.
For Android/Mac/iOS device
- An Android/Mac/iOS device connected to a network
- Bluetooth must be enabled on the device
- HP printer turned on and in a ready state
- A working internet connection
And the steps to be followed to print from Android/Mac/iOS device are:
- On your Android/Mac/iOS device, go to 123.hp.com, tap ‘Get the App’, and follow the instructions to install the app. On opening the app, you will be greeted with the welcome screen. Select the checkbox to agree to the shown terms and press ‘Start’.
- The app will start detecting the printers connected to the same network as your Android/Mac/iOS device. When your printer gets connected to the network, go back to the app and tap the plus sign. If not enabled earlier, enable Bluetooth to let HP Smart use it to aid in setting up your HP printer. Select your printer or if it is not listed, tap ‘Add Printer’. If you found no printers listed, tap ‘Set Up a New Printer’. Press ‘Continue’ and then press ‘Allow’.
- Tap to select your printer, enter the password, and press ‘Continue’. HP Smart App will detect the printer, prepare it for connection, gather the additional details and complete the connection.
- Follow the remaining instructions to complete setting up the printer hardware or software. Also, you need to install the HP Print Service Plugin to use the app.
These are the important steps to be followed to add a printer to an iPhone or to print from an android phone through your wireless printer or a Mac device as well.
How to Start Printing With HP Smart App On Android/Mac/iOS Devices?
After you have installed the HP mobile printing app for your device, here are the steps to be followed to print a document or photo,
- Tap the HP Smart icon on the Home screen or from the Apps menu.
- Make sure your HP printer is selected and tap the option for the type of print you want.
- Select the location where the document or photo is saved and select the item you want to print.
- If you are printing a photo, you can make the required changes to it and then tap ‘Print’.
- Make the required changes to the print settings and then tap the print icon.
- You will get the document or photo printed as per the settings.
For iOS device
- Open the HP Smart app on your device, and tap the option for the type of print.
- Tap ‘Ok’ to allow HP Smart to access photos and documents saved on your device.
- Select where the photo is saved and select the photo to print. Tap the ‘Edit’ icon to make the changes to your photo and then tap ‘Done’.
- Tap ‘Print’ to start printing.
For Mac Device
- On the home screen of the HP Smart app, click on the tile to print an item from your printer.
- Next, click on the ‘Print Documents’ or ‘Print Photos’ tile.
- Look for the file you want to print from the Documents folder or any other folder on your Mac device.
- Select the document or photo, click ‘Print’ and then the print window will open.
- Make sure the printer is selected, make the required changes in the print settings and click ‘Print’.
Print with AirPrint from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
For this, your device must support AirPrint and the printer must be connected to the same network as your iOS device.
- Open the app on your device that you want to print from.
- Tap the app’s share icon, scroll down, and tap ‘Print’.
- Then tap ‘Select Printer’ and choose an ‘AirPrint-enabled printer’.
- Set the number of copies and tap ‘Print’ in the upper-right corner.
These are the prevailing methods that you need to know how to add printers to iPhone, Mac or Android devices and start printing wirelessly.