Canon Printers are one of the top brands available in the market and also has become the preferred choice of printer users due to its ability to produce perfect prints. Canon printers never give a chance to doubt its high-quality printing. But to get the advantage out of it, you need to know how to connect your device to a Canon printer.
Without setting up the Canon printer, you won’t be able to get started with printing. It is very easy to set up a Canon printer no matter what model you own such as ts3122, mg2522, mg3620, ts3322, or anyone from its PIXMA range; you just need to follow the directions as provided in this guide.
Before you Begin
- Make sure the printer is on and ready for the setup. To set up a canon printer for wired connection, you will need an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure you have already installed the required drivers for your printer.
- Connect your printer to your internet and then check if you are getting the required speed.
- If you are using a router, connect your printer and computer to the router.
Setting Up Wireless Canon Printer
To set up your Wireless Canon Printer, you can use any of the two methods given below as per your preference:
Method 1- Standard Method
Using the Standard Method, you can first connect your printer to the Wi-Fi and then add your wireless Canon to your computer.
Step-1 Connecting Canon Printer to Wi-Fi
First and foremost, you need to connect your printer to the wireless network as follows:
- Turn on your Canon printer by pressing the ‘Power’ button.
- Then press the ‘Settings’ button and by pressing the arrow button, go to the ‘Device Settings’ option and press Ok.
- Go to the ‘LAN Settings’ option using the arrow button and press Ok.
- Now, go to the ‘Wireless LAN Setup’ option using the arrow keys and then press Ok.
Doing this will make the printer look for Wi-Fi networks and you will also see the light blinking.
- Using the arrow buttons, look for your Wi-Fi network and once you find it, press Ok.
- If it is taking too long to search for your Wi-Fi network, press ‘Stop’ and then go to ‘Wireless LAN setup, standard setup’ and press Ok.
- If you have found the network, enter the password for the Wi-Fi and then press Ok.
- Once you see the message ‘Connected’ on the screen, press Ok.
Step-2 Adding Wireless Canon Printer to Computer
Once you are done connecting the Canon printer to Wi-Fi, next, you have to connect it to your computer to complete the Canon wireless printer setup.
- Press the Windows logo key and R at the same time and this will open the Run dialog box; in the dialog box, copy & paste control /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters and click OK.
- Now, click on ‘Add a printer’ and you will see some prompts, follow the instructions to add your Canon printer.
That was all about how to connect a Canon wireless printer; now you can try to print a test page and see if it functions properly.
Method-2 WPS Setup Connection Method
You can even use the WPS Setup Connection method to set up the Canon printer on your Windows or Mac operating system. There is a push-button for WPS on the router that you have to use to complete the process. Before that verify the wireless connection settings on the computer and also turn on the WEP security; here are the steps you need to follow:
- Turn on your Canon printer and make sure you have placed it near the router so that the WPS button is accessible otherwise the Canon printer will not print.
- Then press the Wi-Fi button of the printer till the light turns ON and then after 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the router. Make sure the blue light of Wi-Fi is on while you are searching for a network. Once you are connected to a wireless network, power and Wi-Fi lights will be On.
- Now, to ensure that the connection has been done properly, try to print a test page from your Canon printer.
If the printer is printing properly, it means you have connected your Canon printer correctly. Make sure you have installed the required and latest drivers for your Canon printer as per your operating system such as Windows 10.
Tags: #Canon Printer Setup, #canon printer setup ts3122, #canon printer setup mg2522, #canon printer setup mg3620, #canon printer setup ts3322, #canon pixma printer setup, #canon printer drivers for windows 10, #how to connect my canon printer to wifi, #canon wireless printer setup, #how to connect canon wireless printer, #setup canon printer, #how to connect to canon printer