Canon is a well-known name among printer users as the brand is famous for providing a wide range of printers that suit different needs. You can either choose a standard USB cable printer or a wireless one as per your needs.
But this is not what you are here for; Canon printer users have lately complained about their printer not printing and that’s what we are going to discuss here. There can be several reasons due to which the Canon printer will stop printing and if it won't print, you will not be able to produce any documents.
Reasons Why Canon Printer Won’t Print
Before finding out the solutions, it is important to know what issues are not letting your Canon printer function properly:
- If there are print jobs stuck in the printer queue
- Frequent paper jams not letting you print
- The Canon printer drivers installed are not updated
- The incorrect size of the paper has been loaded into the printer
- You haven't connected Canon printer to Wi-Fi
- Printer software has gone outdated
- The password configuration is incorrect
- The printer heads are dusty and need to be cleaned
- If too many printers are connected to the same network, your Canon printer may not print due to a network jam
All the above factors can be responsible if your wireless or wired Canon printer is not printing. Now let’s explore what are the available workarounds.
Troubleshooting Canon Printer not Printing Issue
Now you know all the reasons why won’t your Canon printer will print, it is time to have a look at the working solutions that can fix the glitches:
1. Remove the Paper Jam
You must start troubleshooting your Canon printer by removing the jammed paper. Printers won’t print when there are pieces of paper stuck in the printing device, this is one of the major causes. Open the printer cover and take out all the paper from there. Make sure to do everything carefully to not cause breakage.
2. Fix the Faulty Drivers
No matter if your Canon printer is wireless or USB one, it won’t print if you have installed faulty or outdated drivers. Make sure to update the Canon printer drivers from time to time; you can download the latest version from the manufacturer’s website and then install it on your device. Canon printer drivers need to be updated from time to time so that the printer can print effortlessly.
3. Fix the Connection
Power issues can also stop your printer from printing; ensure that your printer is properly connected to your computer as well as to the wall outlet. Any breakage in the power cord can also lead to connection issues; make sure no wire is defective or else replace it with a new one.
4. Sync the Mobile App
If the mobile printing app is not synced properly with your Canon printer, it won’t print wirelessly. So you need to ensure that the Canon printer mobile app auto-selects your printer and then try to print using the same.
5. Network Issue
If you have connected too many laptops and printers to the same network, it is possible to face connectivity issues with your Canon printer as the network gets jammed. If your Canon printer is offline; it can be due to this reason. So you can try disconnecting other devices from the network and then connect your Canon printer.
Additional Troubleshooting to Fix ‘Canon Printer not Printing’ Issue
If the above steps didn’t help and your Canon printer is not printing, you can try the following workarounds:
- If you are facing connectivity related issues, you can manually select your printer from the printers available in the range.
- Make sure your desired Canon printer is selected as default otherwise it will show offline.
- No matter if you own a Windows, Mac, or iPad, you will need to update the software to print your documents and other media without any problem.
- Make sure to configure the network key properly otherwise your Canon printer will not connect properly and won’t print wirelessly.
- Another thing that can interrupt the printing is if the printer head is getting frequently dirty and you are not paying attention to clean it. You will also need to clean cartridges as dirty cartridges can also lead to this issue.
- Make sure to not leave your Canon printer unused for longer periods as that can make the ink dry faster and you won’t be able to print.
Using all these measures you can fix your Canon printer which is not printing and it won’t print even after doing all that, you can visit the official Canon Printer support page.
Tags: #canon printer won't print, #canon printer won’t print wirelessly, #why won’t my canon printer print, #canon printer not printing, #canon printer troubleshooting, #wireless printer won’t print, #canon printer is offline, #canon printer won’t connect