Epson printers are known to be of supreme quality and since 1942 when they were launched, the brand’s user base has only increased every year. But all this cannot rule out the fact that your Epson device can go offline occasionally. Users have been lately complaining about their Epson printer showing offline on Windows and now Mac users have been facing the same.
While trying to print from your Mac device, you can get that offline error on your Epson printer. The most common reason for getting this error is when your Mac device is unable to communicate with your printer and this could happen due to anything like the cables are loose or the printer has not been turned on. All such issues need to be checked thoroughly to get the Epson printer back online.
Apart from that, there are multiple solutions that you can apply to get your Epson printer online on Mac; let’s have a look at them one by one:
1. Ensure Connectivity
Connectivity is the basic thing to make a printer print and if you notice the printer going offline, follow these steps to ensure it is properly connected:
For USB Connection
If your Epson printer is connected by USB cable and is showing offline; go with these steps:
- Turn off the Epson printer by pressing the power button; wait for 5 seconds
- Then take out the USB cable from the printer’s back.
- Now turn the printer back on and if it starts printing from the queue, let it complete all the tasks and get idle.
- After 5 seconds, reattach the cable to the printer and make sure you insert it properly in the USB port of your printer. If the printer starts printing, give it time to complete that before moving on to the next step.
- Now you can try printing and see if the printer shows online.
For Wireless Connection
In case, your printer prints wirelessly you need to connect your Epson printer to Wi-Fi and also ensure that the connection has been done correctly:
- Turn off and on the printer and then let it become idle and silent.
- If doing that doesn’t help in getting the printer back online, restart the router by unplugging it from the power source and then waiting for a while.
- Connect the router to the power source and let it connect to the internet; wait for the light indicating the connectivity.
- Reboot your Mac device and let it restart; after that click on the Apple icon and then click on System Preferences. From there, select ‘Printers and Scanners’ to see all the printers installed on your Mac.
- If you see the Epson printer in the list, this implies it is connected and in case, it is still not showing there, it can imply that there is an issue with the network making the printer offline.
2. Remove all Other Printers
If multiple Epson printers are connected to the same device, your printer may stay offline; so delete all the unwanted ones except the one showing as idle. The Idle printer will display green color; to do this, follow the given directions:
- Check the list of installed from Printers and Scanners section and remove all the unused printers by selecting the device and then click on the minus button to remove it.
- Set the Epson printer you want to use as the default one and then try printing to see if the issue got resolved.
3. Reset the Epson Printer
If the above solution didn’t work for you, you can reset the Epson printer as follows:
- Make sure the printer is inactive
- Keeping the printer on, take off the power cord from the back as well as from the wall outlet
- After one minute, reconnect the power cord to the printer’s back as well as to the wall outlet.
- Now let it turn on or press the power button to switch on the printer
4. Clear the Printing Queue and Re-add the Printer
The next solution is by clearing out the print queue and re-add the printer on Mac to initiate a fresh printing session.
- Make sure your Mac device is connected to a working internet
- From the list of printers, click on the one you want to remove and then click on the minus (-) button.
- Now, to add it again, click on (+) add sign.
- Select your Epson printer from the list that shows up and click on ‘Add’.
- Then select the option ‘Use or Print Using’
- Select the connected Epson printer or Airprint
- Once the printer shows Idle in the list, try to print again and if it doesn’t help, proceed to the next solution.
5. Do the Re-configuration
The last step you can try to bring your offline Epson printer online on Mac is the reconfiguration of the printing system.
- Click anywhere in the list of Printers area and then click on ‘Reset Printing System’
- Confirm the option and then enter the administrator account’s Username and Password, and click OK.
- Let the printer reset completely and then add it again as explained above.
Epson Printer Showing Offline on iPhone
If the Epson printer is showing offline on the iPhone, here is how you can deal with the connection issue:
- Before you start, make sure your iPhone and Epson printer are connected to the same network
- Open the Epson iPrint app and then tap the option ‘Printer is not selected. Tap here to select a printer.’
- On the ‘Local’ tab, tap your Epson printer, if you don’t see your printer, you can use the next option
- To add your printer to the current network, tap on the ‘Manual IP’ tab.
- Tap ‘Add’ and then enter the IP address of the printer; also tap ‘Done’.
- Hopefully, by now the Epson printer will start printing.
So that’s how you can try fixing the offline error with your Epson printer on Mac and iPhone. You can also visit the official Epson Printer Support page for further help.
Tags: #Epson printer offline iPhone, #epson printer offline mac, #epson printer offline iphone, #epson printer won't stay connected to wifi, #how to get epson printer online on mac, #epson printer offline, #my epson printer is offline and won't print, #why does my epson printer say offline, #how to get epson printer online