Epson Printers are top-notch quality; if you have just got a new one for you, you must be excited about using it. So, let me tell you that you are at the right place; here you will get all the information about effortlessly connecting your Epson printer to Wi-Fi.
The first requirement to make an Epson printer work is to connect it to a network; here’s how to connect Epson printer to Wi-Fi.
Before you begin with the connectivity process, here is what you need to know first:
- Make sure you know your network name or its SSID and its password
- You need to ensure that you have setup your Epson printer with a wireless or Ethernet connection
- You will also need to install the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility.
Steps to Connect Epson Printer to Wi-Fi
To set up your Epson printer with Wi-Fi, start by:
- Turning on your Epson printer
- Then press the ‘Home’ button placed at the control panel of the printer
- Using the arrow button, select ‘Wi-Fi Setup’ and then press ‘OK’.
- Using the arrow keys, select ‘Wi-Fi Setup Wizard’ and then press ‘OK’
- Now, select the network name on the screen when the printer ends searching the available networks.
- Enter the password using the arrow keys and when you see the message that ‘Setup is complete’, press ‘OK’.
- That was the last step and your Epson printer has now connected to the Wi-Fi.
Several Epson Printer users have even complained that the Epson printer Wi-Fi setup failed, or they were facing connectivity issues. There can be several reasons for which Epson printers won’t connect to Wi-Fi; now I will talk about the same and how to troubleshoot it.
Reasons to Face Epson Printer Wi-Fi Connection Problems
Here are the reasons possibly why you are facing connection problems while connecting Epson Printer to Wi-Fi:
- The printer is not in the range of your network
- The network you want to connect your printer to is protected by a password; hence you face connection issues
- The configuration has been done incorrectly.
Troubleshooting ‘Epson Printer not Connecting to Wi-Fi’ Issue
After knowing about how to connect the Epson printer to a wireless network and the problems you may face with your wireless printer; it is the right time to start fixing them. Here are some key troubleshooting tips you must try:
Check the Credentials
Make sure you have entered the right network name and password while trying to connect to your Epson printer.
Remove the Obstruction
You also need to ensure that there is no obstruction between the network and the printer; the printer needs to be in the proper range of the network to be able to produce outputs.
Check the Network
For an Epson printer to connect to your network and print documents; the network must be working properly and should be providing adequate signal strength
Make Sure You Have Updated the Drivers
If your Epson printer is not working even after connecting to Wi-Fi; the chances are you haven’t installed the correct and required driver for your printer model or it is not updated. So to fix the error, you can update the drivers manually as follows:
- You need to head towards Epson printer’s official website to get the latest driver for your model.
- Search for your printer model and you will get the latest drivers ; just choose as per your Windows version.
- After you have downloaded the file of the required driver for your printer and device, double-click on the file and then follow the prompts to install the Epson driver.
Disable the Antivirus and Firewall
The antivirus or firewall that you have installed on your device won’t let Epson printers connect to Wi-Fi. So to do this, you can go to the ‘Settings’ of your Windows and turn the ‘Firewall Settings’ off and then check if the issue got resolved.
Reconfigure Epson Printer
The next thing you can try is to reconfigure the printer as when the IP address of the printer does not match with the network’s IP address, you can face this problem.
Go to ‘Network Settings’ and check the IP address of the printer and the network. Then go to the Control Panel; click on ‘Devices and Printers’ and then, select the printer and uninstall it. Now, again go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section to add your printer and once you have set up your Epson printer, restart everything and see if this fixes the issue.
Intervention By Other Devices
If you have some other devices that you have connected to the same network, this can prevent your Epson device from connecting to the printer as the network gets congested and will offer low signal strength. So you can disconnect other devices connected to the same network and see if you are able to reconnect your Epson printer to Wi-Fi.
Check the Router
If you are using a router to connect the printer to the wireless network, then the access point of the router has to be on. Also, the wireless network must be set up correctly and if you have used WPS to set up the network; check whether the router supports the WPS. The printer and the computer must be placed closely for better connecting and also try turning off and on the Wi-Fi for better connectivity.
Check your Epson Printer
You need to ensure that the security mode is compatible with your printer’s settings and the Wi-Fi connection matches well with your printer settings. Make sure you have entered the correct security key to connect your printer to the wireless network.
That was all about how you can connect an Epson printer to a wireless network and what to do if your Epson printer is not connected to Wi-Fi.
Tags: #connect epson printer to wifi, #epson printer wifi setup, #How do i connect my epson printer to my wireless network?, #how to connect epson wireless printer, #epson printer wifi connection problems, #epson printer won't connect to wifi, #epson printer wifi setup failed, #epson printer wifi not working, #epson printer not connecting to wifi