Epson printers are known for their versatility, reliability, and the quality of output they produce. No matter which model you own, Epson printers are known for the convenience they offer and even offer wireless and mobile connectivity. Even after having a list of qualities, Epson printers can often go into an error state for a number of reasons. Whenever this happens, you will see an error message on your printer screen- “Printer is in an error state. Please resolve the error condition for the device and try again”. Although this error can be quite difficult to fix, still, you can try the given solutions to bring your Epson printer back to its normal state.
Reasons Why Epson Printer is in an Error State
Here are some possible reasons due to which your Epson printer can go into an error state:
- There is a connection issue between printer and computer
- Your Epson printer is not receiving an adequate power supply
- The printer software has not been installed correctly.
- The Epson printer drivers have gone corrupted.
3 Easy Methods to Fix Epson Printer in Error State
So if your Epson printer is into an error state and is not working, try the given troubleshooting steps:
1. Inspect the Connections
It is always better to start the troubleshooting by checking all the hardware and see if any connection is loose.
- Make sure the power source is correctly connected and the wire connecting the printer and the computer is properly inserted.
- After that, detach all the wires and wipe the dust from them or anything that might interrupt the connection.
- If you have set up a wireless Epson printer, you must ensure that all the routers and wireless connections have been done right.
- For a network printer, you can take the help of your system administrator to ensure that all the wiring has been done correctly.
- Once you have ensured that everything is correctly set up, restart your Epson printer and see if the error state got fixed.
2. Reinstall or Update your Epson Printer Driver
It is possible that the printer driver you were using for your printer has gone outdated and it is time to move to the newer version. For that matter, first, you will need to uninstall the driver and then reinstall it using the disc you got along with your printer.
If that didn't help, you must try updating the driver; for this, go to Epson’s official website and there you will get to see the latest drivers available. You can manually look for the required driver by entering the model number of your Epson printer. Download and install the latest driver for your Epson printer model and then see if doing this fixes the error state.
3. Use Windows Troubleshooter
As the last troubleshooting step, you can use the printer troubleshooter provided by Windows to fix the Epson printer error state.
To use the troubleshooter, go to the Devices and Printers section of the Control Panel; look for your printer and right-click on it, select the ‘Troubleshoot’ option from the list and let Windows look for the issue with your printer. Windows will provide you with some instructions to fix the error they have found. After following the instructions, see if your Epson printer shows an error state or is working normally.
These were all the possible solutions to fix the Epson printer in an error state, or you can also visit the official help page of the Epson printer for further guidance.
Tags: #epson printer in error state, #epson printer error, #epson printer in an error state, #epson printer is in an error state, #printer in error state epson, #epson printer error state