Epson printers are great to use and offer a lot of amazing features. Still, it is not free from error due to its technical nature. One of the most common errors that Epson users have complained about is error code 0x97. Your printer may stop functioning after getting the error code 0x97. This error may appear when there is an internal hardware issue with your printer.
6 Ways to Get Rid of Epson Printer Error Code 0x97
Error code 0x97 can arise because of many reasons such as motherboard failure or failure in any internal component. So, if you are also facing this error for any reason, you must consider this troubleshooting guide and try the given solutions:
1. Unplug Your Printer and Plug-in Again
Before unplugging your printer, make sure it is free from paper jam. Remove all the pieces of paper, if stuck.
- After that, take out all the cartridges from your Epson printer and also remove all the USB cables of your Epson printer; make sure to do that carefully and then switch off your printer using the Power button.
- After some time, insert all the USB cables back
- Turn on the printer and check if you are still getting the error 0x97 or not.
2. Another Method to Unplug your Printer and Plug-in Again
This method is quite opposite of the above and using the steps given below, you will get to know whether the error has appeared due to internal hardware failure or not.
- Turn your printer off using the power button and remove all the USB cables from it.
- After waiting for 5 minutes, press and hold the power button of the Epson for around 1 minute.
- While pressing the power button, insert all the USB cables back into the printer properly.
- After properly plugging the cables into the printer, keep pressing the power button for one more minute.
- Connect the power cable of the printer again and then release the power button.
3. Clean the Printer Nozzles
For the next step, you must clean the clogged nozzles of your Epson printer using wet tissues as follows:
- Start by disconnecting all the power lines of your printer.
- Next, open the case of the Epson printer and get a wet soft cloth using an ammonia-based cleaning liquid.
- Place the wet cloth under the print head and then move it to the center; leave the cloth there for 12 hours.
- After that, take out the cloth and close the printer.
- Turn on your Epson printer and see if you are getting the error code 0x97 or not.
4. Use the Troubleshooter
Microsoft has a lot of printer troubleshooters to offer that you can use as per your preference depending on the issue you are facing. You can go to the Microsoft website to download the troubleshooter as per the printer model you have and the operating system. Run the tool on your device and then follow the steps to fix the Epson printer error code 0x97 error in a very effective way.
5. Turn Your Printer On and Off
Simply turning your Epson printer off and then turning it on again can fix several glitches including the error 0x97. For this, you will first have to unplug all the cables as well as remove all the USB accessories from your Epson printer. After that, keep pressing the power button for 1 minute. This will let your printer reset and now you can re-attach all the accessories and once again press and hold the power button for 1 minute and after that run a test print.
6. Disconnect and Reconnect the Printer
For the last solution, ensure that your Epson printer is free from the paper jam and remove all the stuck pieces of paper. Remove all the cables and after that press and hold the power button for a while and then leave it. After a minute, attach the accessories back to your printer and then turn it on; print a test page and then see if it shows an error or not.
For further troubleshooting and guidance, you can visit the official Epson Printer Support page where you can get help for your printer model.
Tags: #epson error code 0x97, #epson wf-3640 error code 0x97, #epson printer error code 0x97, #epson error code 0x97 wf-3640, #epson wf-7620 error code 0x97, #epson wf 4630 error code 0x97, #epson wf 3620 error code 0x97, #epson printer error 0x97